Quite possibly the perfect bicycle. I recently acquired this pretty little bike at the Brimfield Antique Show for the price of a NYC dinner. It's exactly the kind I've been searching for, a bike that makes the statement: "I am a bicycle." It's a Dunelt 3-speed from 1965 (the date is stamped on the gear hub), made in England at a pre-Raleigh factory in Sheffield, and it's in great shape–even better with new tires and a good scrubbing. It's quite speedy, too. It actually looks so nice in my apartment that I don't mind the (minimal) space it takes up in my kitchen.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Beauty on Wheels
Quite possibly the perfect bicycle. I recently acquired this pretty little bike at the Brimfield Antique Show for the price of a NYC dinner. It's exactly the kind I've been searching for, a bike that makes the statement: "I am a bicycle." It's a Dunelt 3-speed from 1965 (the date is stamped on the gear hub), made in England at a pre-Raleigh factory in Sheffield, and it's in great shape–even better with new tires and a good scrubbing. It's quite speedy, too. It actually looks so nice in my apartment that I don't mind the (minimal) space it takes up in my kitchen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment